Monday, January 23, 2012

"It's Only the Beginning"

Hello and welcome.

Some of you may be following me over from my old blog. Some of you may be new to the inner workings of my mind. Either way, thanks for clicking on whatever brought you here.

There are many reasons why I started this blog. Partly as a chance to vent the constant stream of thoughts in this head of mine. Partly as a chance to chronicle adventures. Partly as a chance to log miles, race highlights, and all the other running stuff that tends to happen to me.
The biggest reason I moved the show over here was this: I did not like the direction my old blog had taken. I had stopped writing it for me, and started writing to be like and please others. I was more preoccupied with pageviews and comments, and less about the content I put up there. Also, I felt trapped by the title and premise--"I can't talk about the road trip I took/the silly thing Brandon and I did last weekend/my thoughts on what happened here on this blog, this is just about running."

Let me tell you this: when your job is to talk about running with people, sometimes the last thing you want to do when you get home from work is talk about running with people. Sometimes, you just want a reminder that there's more to your life than shoes, gear, and logged miles.

So, here we are. The URL is "Runner Girl Says" because there's no denying it--I am a Runner Girl, and that's OK. Here, however, you will see the runner girl discuss her view of the world around her, from the Runner Girl's perspective.

So, again--welcome, and thanks for being here. Let's have some fun, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...