Thursday, February 2, 2012

"I Get Knocked Down..."

So, I ran Tuesday and I was all like this:

I felt great, and it was my best pace on a non-racing run for quite some time. 
Though, I noticed the nagging soreness in my throat getting worse and worse. 
I woke up Wednesday morning and I was all like this:

Yeah. 
Ever since the Great Mono Experience of 2005, I have been impressed with the extent my body will go to in order to get me to stop and take care of it. With the exception of the 4 hours in which I haunted the store as the near mute waste of space I was, I was curled up in a ball on the couch coming in and out of fitful naps. Whatever I had, it was not nice, and it was angry at me for being so ballsy as to run Tuesday. I  probably should have called and not even tried, but I had duties to tend to, so in I went. Thankfully, my co-workers covered for me and let me out much, much earlier than originally scheduled. Props to them, seriously. It's a far cry from the experience I had back in May, when I had no choice but to go in with raging food poisoning. 
So, after spending Wednesday mainlining juice and tea and drifting in and out of wakefulness, I am feeling much, much better today. However--lesson freaking learned. I will give my body one more day to really kick this, and THEN I will run again. Because, I have learned my lesson--listen to your body, or it will shut you up and make you listen, Lindsey Ann. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...